Blyth Education Contest | MY AWESOME YEAR – WIN A YEAR OF STUDY ABROAD WITH BLYTH ACADEMY GLOBAL HIGH SCHOOL
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “ WIN A YEAR OF STUDY ABROAD WITH BLYTH ACADEMY GLOBAL HIGH SCHOOL ” (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Blyth Educational Travel (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all students who are entering Grade 11, 12, or a Gap Year (defined as the year between Grade 12 and the first year of post-secondary study) as of August 2014, except for employees, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee of the Sponsors or its corporate affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies. Not open to entrants over the age of 20 as of August 2014. Limit of one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest: To enter the Contest, access the Contest website at http://www.myawesomeyear.com, read these Contest rules, and follow the instructions to enter during the Contest period. Part 1 of the Contest (“the Application”) begins at 12:01am ET/Monday March 24, 2014 and ends at 11.59pm ET/April 13, 2014. Ten finalists will be selected from the eligible contest entrants. Part 2 of the Contest (“the voting”) begins at 12:01am ET/April 28, 2014 and ends at 11.59pm ET/May 12, 2014. The potential winner will be chosen by number of votes cast, which will take place online at http://www.myawesomeyear.com. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the entrant with the next largest number of votes, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
5. Prize: (Total of 1 grand prize to be won) 1 Academic Year Long Blyth Global High School study abroad experience (choose from Term 1, 2, and 3, or Term 2, 3, and 4), which includes round-trip airfare from Toronto in Term 1 or 2, and Term 3 or 4, accommodation for the duration of the program, applicable taxes and registration fees, tuition for 6 credits during the academic year abroad and an additional two credits through Blyth Academy Online (if required), supervision, a GO PRO Camera, and breakfast and dinner daily. The approximate value of the contest prize is $27,000 CDN.
Prize does not include: Transport to or from Toronto’s Pearson airport, optional excursions, spending money, lunches, textbooks, medical insurance, laptop or tablet rental.
The winner must speak directly with the Sponsor in order to ensure that all eligibility conditions are met. These include: holding a valid passport, having the prerequisite to their chosen course, being in good academic standing, and medical eligibility.
6. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the winner and his parents / guardians (if winner is under the age of 18) will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsors and its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsors and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
7. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us. If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive, informing the Sponsor by calling 1-866-960-3552 and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers, or emailing email@example.com and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers.
8. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information.
9. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsors reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsors reserves the right to substitute any program and/or course with a program and/or course of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.